Together, let’s pave the way of the future for the automotive supplier industry. At Cadillac Products Automotive Company you will find more than a new career experience, you will become a part of our family. As we continue to innovative and expand our processing capabilities, as well as broaden our trusted product line, we are thrilled to offer some exciting new career opportunities.
In Search of Results Driven Candidates
Love to be challenged? A great way to advance your career talents in the field of engineering, manufacturing, accounting and more, we offer many opportunities for future employees at all vocational levels. So whether you’re a recent graduate, mid-level, or a professional expert, we welcome you to review the positions listed and apply. Set your career path in motion and become a part of our internationally recognized, fourth-generation, family-owned and managed company today!
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer with a Rich Benefit Package Including:
- Cafeteria Style Health Plan Offering Dental, Medical & Vision Coverage
- Life, Accidental Death/Dismemberment & Accident Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K Plan with Company Participation
- Tuition Reimbursement Program for Work Related Curriculum
- Paid Holiday & Vacation Days
Love to be challenged? A great way to advance your career talents in the field of engineering, manufacturing, accounting and more, we offer many opportunities for future employees at all vocational levels. So whether you’re a recent graduate, mid-level, or a professional expert, we welcome you to review the positions listed and apply. Set your career path in motion and become a part of our internationally recognized, fourth-generation family-owned and managed company today!
DUTIES & ELEMENTS:
Manage Plant Launches/APQP activities
- Ensure compliance and complete assigned APQP engineering activities
- Evaluate effectiveness of proposed process to ensure optimal manufacturability, adherence to tolerance guidelines, functionality, tool design, machine design, cell layout, and safety and ergonomic concerns.
- Initiate activities to secure and install new equipment or processes.
- Lead cross-functional teams to develop PFMEA’s, mistake/error proofing.
- Lead and/or assist with tooling design and development from prototype through manufacturing production stages as required by Program Manager.
- Review product design with respect to materials, quality, function and manufacturability.
- Execute required prototype and pre-launch production runs
- Develop any required work instructions and set-up procedures for new processes
- Train operators, supervisors, and maintenance personnel to run new process and equipment.
- Ensure products meet quoted cycle time, material usage, and operator requirements.
- Coordinate PPAP, PSA’s, Run at Rates runs with plant personnel to ensure a capable product.
- Develop, document, employ, and manage machine tool standards and best practices.
- Demonstrate compliance to plant and department IATF 16949 procedures.
- Apply Lean manufacturing principles (e.g. 5S, value stream mapping, SMED, standardized work methods, etc.) to improve assigned processes.
Executes RVP engineering activities
- Acts as Program Manager on house accounts as assigned.
- Participate in the TFC process to assist in determining optimum processes, tooling, and material requirements for customer quotes.
- Identifies and resolves process improvements leading to better cycle times, reduced spoilage, improved process capability and increased throughput.
- Performs corrective action implementation on assigned customer complaints or internal failures as assigned
- Assists production staff as process expert by utilizing troubleshooting, diagnosis, debugging, and other technical skills to keep production lines running at peak efficiency.
- Performs safety analysis and implementation as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Work Experience, etc.):
Minimum [Must have to be considered for the position]:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, or Industrial).
- Experience or training using computer software applications (MS Office, Windows Operating Systems).
- Five or more years relevant work experience in manufacturing involving automation applications.
- Demonstrated achievements requiring mechanical problem-solving and creative abilities.
Desired [Will provide job holder with added skills(s) to perform duties]:
- Experience interpreting or using CAD/CAM drawings and systems
- A working knowledge of plant processes.
- A level 2 understanding of SPC.
- The ability to perform Failure Model and Effects Analysis (FMEA) and Design of Experiments (DOE’s).
- A thorough knowledge of automotive policies and procedures, with emphasis on manufacturing planning, quality planning, statistical methods and problem solving.
- A demonstrated ability to plan and organize.
- The ability to reach closure on assigned tasks within suspense dates.
- Intermediate knowledge of Fanuc Robots
Process Engineers work closely with, and often serve as support to, a number of different departments and personnel. As a result, and in order to achieve optimum effectiveness, they must maintain a positive, cooperative relationship with these various departments/individuals. They must also be responsive to their needs.
Process Engineers interact with all levels of the organization, i.e., with operators through senior managers. To be effective, they must be sensitive to, and cooperatively blend the needs and goals of these various levels with the common denominator of “achieving organizational objectives” (i.e., effective launches, safety, quality, productivity, cost reduction, and positive employee/ employer relations).
Finally, in the role of a problem solver, Process Engineers must remain objective and be able to make recommendations based on facts, regardless of whether those recommendations are popular.
Thank you for your interest in Cadillac Products Automotive Company. Please enter your name, email and position of interest in the subject box. Use the Browse button to attach your resume in .pdf format.
If you are applying for a position in our Roseville location, you can also contact Russell Yakesch at 568.859.6411 to apply.